Friday, August 21, 2015

It's not you, it's me

So about that office job. We're taking a little time off. We're going to see other people, figure out if we still want to be together. I'm going to career counseling and my job is looking for someone else.

It's not a clean break. I'm working part-time for now. We still like each other a lot and want to be friends. No ghosting, just a slow fade.

My resting heart rate is 68 beats a minute. When I gave my notice, my heart rate was 130 beats a minute and I didn't just run a marathon. Fitbit helped me put a precise number on the anxiety I already knew about. My supervisor tells me,

"It's going to be ok."

So far she's right. When we discussed part time, she asks,

"Will it be weird if you say good bye to everyone and then you're still here?"

Yes. That would be weird. Maybe I won't do that. Just slow fade.

I like my career counselor a lot. Especially if she's reading this blog. I told her about it and writing and she said,

"I don't know for sure, but it seems like someday, someone will see your blog."

I need to tell my career counselor that my mom already knows about it.

And you thought I was doing the slow fade on YOU blog, but I'm not.

I'm in my blogging jammies as we speak.


4 comments:

  1. You sort of quit? What're you going to do next? Besides plan a really nifty wedding! Good luck on whatever you do next and I know I'm really happy that you're not ghosting on this blog. I've been reading it for far too long! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha! Yeah I sorta, kinda quit. I'm going to blog, go to career counseling, go to the beach and get married. Other than that I'm not sure. There're a couple bars nearby, and my shaking arm still works, so there's always that. I will definitely keep you posted! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck to you. I read and enjoy your blog. Go back to bar tending, you need more characters to blog about.

    ReplyDelete