Monday, December 08, 2014

I'm ready for a vacation, but if I can't get that, then I'll take 8 hours of sleep

Last week at work was crazy. If I wasn't working, I was sleeping and if I wasn't sleeping I was waking up in a sweat because I forgot where I put the third set of jingle bells for my jingle bell meeting.

All jingle bells are accounted for and out of service until next year. Thursday things reached a low point. I pull up an invoice for a vendor I need to confirm. I call the number. I've called several times in the past couple months and the conversation usually goes something like this,

"I'd like to check on my order please."

"What's your order number?"

I give them my order number, they confirm and so it goes.

Thursday I called and said,

"I'd like to check my order please."

"Your order?"

"Yes, I have an order for delivery for Sunday."

"You have an order for delivery for Sunday?"

The call never goes like this. I try again,

"Would you like my order number?"

"Your order number?"

Why is this woman giving me such a hard time? 

"Yes, my order number."

"Jess? Is that you?"

"What? Yes!"

"You called the front desk."

Yes, now that you mention it, I can hear your voice coming around the corner. I called the front desk at my own office. 


No comments:

Post a Comment