Monday, November 23, 2015

If anyone can eat two Thanksgiving dinners it's Captain

Thanksgiving, the holiday that my family and Captain's family celebrates. This year we're doing both families in one day.

Wake up, drive one hour to Captain's family. Celebrate for four hours. Drive one and a half hours to my mom's. Celebrate for four hours. Drive one hour home. Relax.

This is the best solution. But it sets a dangerous precedent because where does the sharing stop? What happens when our kids are dating someone, will they go to three or four Thanksgivings?

2 comments:

  1. I whole heartedly support this sharing of holidays. I used to go to two Thanksgiving dinners in one day and four in one weekend. Christmas day was an enjoyable 6 homes/meals/visits and I loved every second of it!

    Good luck! I hope the traffic and turkey gods are kind to you and Captain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So there's hope. ;) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

      Delete