Monday, June 23, 2014

I am overdue for a new filter

I used to have two favorite co-workers. One got moved to a sister restaurant. Sad day. The other day my bar manager (my other favorite co-worker) and I took our former co-worker out for a birthday lunch. That sounds lamer than it was. 

We head to a new restaurant and settle in at the end of the bar. I start telling a story about a couple of regulars. Me and my big mouth. I'm shrieking and gesticulating and I turn around and there one of them is. I say,

"Oh hi!"

"Hi!"

I turn back to the boys,

"I was saying all good things right?"

"Right."

The conversation continues. My bar manager is telling a story to the bartender about how they went to so-and-so bar and the service was terrible. My bar manager declares,

"The service was so slow and we even had a hot girl with us."

I exclaim,

"I wasn't there!"

"No you weren't."






No comments:

Post a Comment