Friday, April 26, 2013

Two tickets to crazy town

The other night, a regular gets on the express train to crazy town. He pulls out a twenty dollar bill and puts it on the bar. Moments later he motions me over, he points at it and asks,

"Where did this come from?"

"It's yours, you took it out of your wallet."

"No I didn't."

"I'm sure you did."

"It's not real."

"What?"

"It's not real. This money isn't real. It's just paper. I can rip it."

He threatens to rip it and considering all money can be ripped, I'm not sure what he's going to prove.

He puts the twenty dollar bill down again. He looks scared and confused. I want to help, I offer,

"I can take it for you."

"I don't know where it came from. It's not real."

"Ok, don't worry, it's ok. I will take it."

He sighs with relief and pays with his credit card.

I'm about to put the twenty dollar bill with my tips, on second thought I open my cash drawer and swap it for a different bill. Can't hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment