Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hi, I'm a lounge chair

Being a Big Sister mentor has it's perks: it's fun, rewarding and I get to be in a fashion show next week.

I got an email from Big Sister saying that Boston Magazine is doing a fashion show and would like a few big sisters in it to raise awareness. Would I be interested? So you're saying people are going to do my hair and makeup and there's free food backstage? I'm in.

I tell my bar manager at work I'll need the night off. He wants more information: like what sort of fashion. I read him the email:

"Statement jewelry and decor-inspired looks."

"Decor? You're going to be dressed like furniture?"

"Huh. Yeah, I'm not sure what that means. Maybe I'll get to be a couch."

"Or maybe outdoor furniture."

"It is summer."


No comments:

Post a Comment