Sunday, July 19, 2015

What's more romantic than a list of dead people?

A rabbi, Captain and I walk into a Greek restaurant. The rabbi says,

"We're doing our part to support the Greek economy."

Our current honeymoon plans to Greece will help more, but a $3 baklava in the US can't hurt.

The last time the three of us met we were just getting to know each other, trying to figure out if we're a good fit. This time we're getting down to the nitty gritty details of getting married: Who says what and how long it will take until we can party.

The rabbi asks,

"Are there any dead relatives who were a big part of your life that you would like me to mention when we start?"

Captain and I don't have any one person who stands out, so we start listing all the dead relatives we can think of. I really love a few of my past pets, I'm tempted to list them too. The rabbi looks at us and says,

"Ok, we'll start the ceremony after I deliver a litany of dead relatives."


No comments:

Post a Comment