Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Boston's favorite bartender 2011, now this

I'm back! And I've yet to plan my next vacation so I should be around for awhile. Don't worry, I will be blogging about Turks and Caicos, but first we must backtrack to the day before I left for vacation.

I was at work. I missed a call and got a message:

"We are pleased to let you know that you won Big Sister of the Year."

I jump with joy and keep jumping for the next 24 hours. Big Sister of the Year and a Caribbean vacation? Life is good. My first thoughts are: what does it entail? And I have to let my brother know how lucky he is.

I tell my bar manager the good news. He replies,

"I'm assuming you did not win a lot of money."

I'm assuming.

Saturday at 6am, after two hours of sleep, I meet Captain to head for the airport. I exclaim,

"Guess what?!"

"What?"

"I won Big Sister of the Year!"

"Wow! You're the Person of the Year!"

An hour later we're sitting in the airport, Captain asks me,

"What do you think you need to do to be Girlfriend of the Year?"

"I don't think I have to worry about that if I'm already Person of the Year."




No comments:

Post a Comment